The department of Chemistry of Kishore Bharati Bhagini Nivedita College (Co-Ed) started its journey right from the inception of the college in 2001. At that time, only B.Sc (Pass) course were taught in the college.
At present the Department consists of one full time, one SACT faculty members. The teaching-learning methods employed are in the form of classroom lectures, audio-visual mode using power point presentation as well as practical classes. The theoretical papers in the UG course consist of different specialized segments of Chemistry such as, Organic, Inorganic, Physical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Computational and Analytical Chemistry. We believe in holistic development of the students’ beyond the classroom teaching.
• We envision our students as excellent engineers, not only in the field of science and technology, but also in good citizenship and discipline.
• Our commitment lies in producing comprehensive knowledge seekers and humane individuals, capable of building a strong and developed nation.
• To achieve the vision we should have diligent faculty who use effective teaching methodologies. To impart updated technical education and knowledge.
• To groom our young students to become professionally and morally sound engineers.
• To reach global standards in production and value based living through an honest and scientific approach.
Instrumental facilities available in the department